Sunday, September 30, 2007

Prefatory Comments

After reading again the arrangement of my essays, it seemed to me that I should remove these writings from the What God? series of essays, as I had the Cassandra's Tears pieces. They do stand alone, although they too follow directly from the original Out of the Box (OTB) essay. You see, after writing OTB, I went in two different directions. First, I completed the thought from a larger perspective of a personal, developmental, existential and spiritual journey: these Beyond Life's Boxes essays. Then I wrote a series of essays that were topical in dealing with some of the particular concerns and complaints expressed in OTB: The Identity's Complaint essays, and a couple from What God?, as well.

So, I have created this separate website for the Beyond Life's Boxes essays, but included the original OTB essay here also because it is as much the beginning of these writings as the others. OTB now spawns two separate statements: one, the very personal Beyond Life's Boxes, which is now complete in itself, and the second, Identity’s Complaint, which leads into the What God? series. The background and inspiration for Beyond Life's Boxes can be found in the "Prefatory Comments" to What God?

No comments: